We made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
Download the workbook
Topic for thought
Today we are tackling Step 8, which is all about making a list of all the people we have hurt, either intentionally or unintentionally, and becoming willing to make amends by trying to put right the damage we have caused. !
The purpose of Step 8 is to make a list of all those people we have hurt throughout our lives with a view to contacting them, where appropriate, and making amends. The purpose is trying to restore our damaged relationships wherever possible. It doesn’t matter what their response is – my responsibility is to clean up my side of the street.
On completion of Step 8 we should be able to…
• Understand that making amends is not about my past, but about my future
• Understand what is required to restore a damaged relationship
• Understand that I can be just as addicted to bitterness, hatred and revenge as I can be to drugs or alcohol
• Understand that in making amends I don’t expect anything back in return
• Understand that making an appropriate amend is all in the timing
• Understand that once I start working this step it is one of the most liberating things I can experience
Watch the video for this step