We humbly asked God to remove all our shortcomings.
Download the workbook
Topic for thought
This week we are tackling Step 7, which is all about humbly asking God to actually begin removing our character defects and shortcomings that we have spent the last week identifying. We are now voluntarily submitting to every change God wants to make in our lives.
The purpose of Step 7 is to actually ask God to remove our character defects and shortcomings. He will probably do this one defect at a time rather than all in one go. He will do this in partnership with you and it will take time. We need to give him our permission and let Him get on with it in his own time and way.
On completion of Step 7 we should be able to…
• Realise that there is more to life than merely abstaining
• Realise that if I no longer want to live like I have been doing then the character defects have to go
• Realise that I don’t fail when I fall
• Realise that my shortcomings will probably not disappear overnight
• Realise I am not looking for perfection, just progress
• Realise that God wants to ultimately change more than just my behaviour; He wants to change the way I think
Watch the video for this step